Return to muscle_car_fan's garage

No Comments
No Likes
Published on 14 July 2015

I had a 5spd manual V6 series 1 VN Exec wagon as a stop gap a few years ago, told myself I'd have it for a few months or so & ended up having it around for almost 8yrs as a daily driver . . . . kind of worked out it was a very very handy bus to have . . . . like a ute with a canopy only with the added bonus of 3 extra seats when needed !! During this same period I purchased an auto EF XR6 wagon because I wanted an auto daily driver. I wish I had of hung on to this wagon as they are a rare thing & I think it was only a member of the family for 12 -14 months. The EF was traded on an auto 5.7 VTII Exec wagon as I wanted to have a V8 wagon, this car was later modded with a hot cam, high ratio roller rockers & a mafless tune plus a few other little bits that are commonplace on a tweaked Gen3 & then sold to a guy from Alice Springs. The VT was replaced by a very rare VZ Berlina V8 wagon with factory leather trim & was purchased only going by the pictures on the advert where I found it on carsales.com.au, V8 VZ wagons are like hens teeth to start with, then throw in factory leather & the other fact that this car was a factory L76 6.0L V8 VZ wagon & the rare just got multiplied by ten!! The dealer trucked it down to me from Newcastle (I live in western Vic) & I was astounded to find she was a matching numbers original 6.0L VZ built in September 2005. The odd thing is that the 6.0L engine didn't make public release until late Jan / early Feb 2006 in the VZ range !!!! . . . . & I find out her first owner was Holden at Port Melbourne & she was a test evaluation vehicle for the 6.0L V8 engine with all services done at either Port Melbourne Holden engine plant workshop or the Lang Lang proving ground east of Melbourne !! I think it's fair for me to say, if I don't have the very first 6.0L V8 Holden (not HSV) ever built, I more than likely have the very first 6.0L Holden station wagon ever built !! . . . . & I don't plan on letting this one go anywhere anytime soon.