Return to AAACV8's garage

No Comments
No Likes
Published on 27 April 2023

Today I picked up some new studs for one part of the two piece 186S exhaust manifold, for the price of a cup of coffee, from Gary. When the time comes, he will get the job of making my exhaust system. He mentioned that flanges are hard to come by. They are the same as used on the old 149 and 179. Fortunately I was able to buy a new pair without breaking the bank from a company over east. My flywheel went off for machining and at the same time they are reconditioning my brake booster. It is probably alright but I am not taking chances. Every other part of the braking system is new or refurbished. I mounted the front anti-sway bay. Whoever had installed the last mounting bushings had cut them in order to easily get them on. I used a lot of soap and force to slide the new ones onto the large sway bar end eyelets and then into position. All went well except for one bushing bracket bolt that stripped the thread of the nut mounted onto the chassis. An alternative and slightly larger bolt, nut and spring washers fixed that problem.